Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taboo of Politics

Yes I know this post seems to be a bit odd and perhaps it is more for my venting purposes than anything else. You may beleive what you will but for the love of all stand up for that belief and repsect the belief of others.
I was recently reading an article in a well known publication regarding the CPAC in DC. It is a conference of conservative voters and politicians discuss where the party is going and what they want to accomplish. The article I think was well written HOWEVER the comments made by people after were annoying and kind of ridiculous.
They were bashing each party for the other and really do they understand each other??? I don't believe so. I don't know why it enraged me to read these posts but I think it is because I am so tired of the fighting. We are not all going to come to a consensus but can we find a common ground?
In the current economic and political state of our country I wish people understood the power that they have to change things. We should not be sitting on our tails waiting for a bailout from the goverment. If you have two good hands and feet you can help another person and help build this country up. This country was founded on principles of work and community building. The founding fathers fought for something bigger than themselves and what their situation was. If Lincoln just sat around waiting would the civil war every been resolved.
OK I am slowly stepping away from the soap box. :) Again this is mainly for venting purposes and honestly wanting to know what people think. So please feel free to post a comment and let me know. I will not be offended if you disagree with me... beauty of free agency is that you can think for yourself. :) :)

2 comments:

randa_joy said...

What scares me is this $800 bil stimulus package that was passed in so little time with so little backlash. Does no one remember the crap that G.W.B. got for his much smaller stimulus package(s) last year? And where has all this spending gotten us... and our great grandchildren? Further in the hole. It scares me.
Do you want to know what else scares me? Retailers' empty shelves where gun ammo used to be. That means other people are scared of their rights being stripped, as well. Though, if you use your debit/credit card, itemized purchases can be looked up anyway, not that that part is Obama's fault.
Maybe it's the Republican in me, but I feel like our nation is shifting faster toward an Orwellian climate everyday.

randa_joy said...

P.S. I realize I didn't address your topic of party unity/direction but I like soap boxes too.