Monday, July 6, 2009

Oklahoma Adventure

There are not pictures on this post because I do not have them as of yet. Forgot my camera in AZ and so I had to rely on others to take pics and it may take me a few days to get them. But I will regale you all with the adventures of Oklahoma which according to my brother-in-law Sam I am a true Oklahomian and mother.
OK is one humid state and needless to say my hair drove me nuts the whole time but beyond that it was great weather. That is until the Tornado. All week I had been watching the kids (Isaac, Emarie, & Olivia) during the day and Sam would come home after work and take over dad duties. Well on the Friday night of that week he went out to the YW camp as one of the priesthood brethern. AND OF COURSE there would be weather issues that night. The electricity went off just as I turned the TV to the weather channel to see why there was so much rain and wind. There was a Tornado advisory and then all went out. Thank goodness for cell phones so I could call my mother and find out what was going on. Needless to say whilst I was calling her I went to the front room of Ella's house and looked out the window to nasty thunder and lightning....AND a siren going off. I can not express how scared I was. Here I am with three children in the middle of an emergency and I have no idea how to handle it. Thank goodness for mothers who pick up their phones and calm us down in these situations. Luckily the tornado was 15 miles away which does not seem far away but apparently in tornado terms it is. I made my brother-in-law Joe come over and stay with me for a bit to calm down.
That is one of the many stories of Oklahoma. There will be more to follow as pictures are found and able to post. Along with the updates of what I am doing in the next few weeks in regards to moving, etc. Loves to all.

1 comment:

Adam and Emily said...

I tell you that was one of the things I hated when I lived in TX all the tornados. Sounds like you had a busy and fun trip!