Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessings

As it is that time of year were we tend to all reflect on the blessings of the past year it has come to my attention that I have been truly blessed in more than just the past year.

OH it has been one of those years of ups and downs but needless to say it has just been a part of the iceberg of my life. I am not going to complain about the things that I have been through because I am learning why I have gone through it. Not always useful at the moment of trial by fire but the after moments are coming and I am seeing the blessings and strengths I have been able to gain from them.

FOR EXAMPLE: My new ward is Citrus Groves. It is yet another young single adult ward and there is an emphasis on the young part. At least of those in the Relief Society. I have to admit that my fit have been dragging for some time now in wanting to be involved and part of the ward. There have been many prayers to my Heavenly Father as to why I need to be in the ward. Many tears of frustration have also been shed. You would think that I am one to just jump right in and be happy and go to church. However, I have been stubborn. I wanted to go to the family ward because I did not want to be the oldest woman in my ward. Well needless to say I have been humbled by the Lord. He has brought me to the point of understanding as to the why. It is because I NEED TO LEARN... Love, patience, understanding, and gratitude.



So for all the blessings in my life right now I am truly grateful for the blessings of a kind and all too patient Heavenly Father. Because despite my want of running faster than I am able he finds ways to slow me down and allow me to see what is around me and how it is his will and not mine that needs to be accomplished.

1 comment:

Ray and Carla Bryant said...

I Love you Sis hang in there your doing really good. Don't give up. Love Mom